Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm a Warehouse Picker Packer now...

Yes, I'm a warehouse girl now with safety boots on everyday......It's not a hard job and I started training today at a warehouse for a supply chain logistic solutions company. Bodyshop is their main client, where UTI is responsible to pack the products according to orders. Bodyshop operates like direct selling over here in UK where members order stocks from Bodyshop and also there's online orders as well. Hence, our jobs as a picker packer is to get those orders, pick the products and pack them accordingly to order for the customers and consultants. All jobs has to be done by human, there's no machine involved in the warehouse. Jobs is not that boring as compare to factory process (I think so, though I haven't been in a real factory before) since it's rotating between picking products, packing products, and checking of product packed before it's sent for despatch. 2 weeks of training and after that we'll start working in real. At least there's cash flowing in now while waiting for a better one....well, if there's chance I'll get you a photo of my steel toe safety boot...it's so clumsy walking with it every morning to work. Luckily, I stay just opposite the warehouse. Oh, did I forget to say I have shifted out from London, and now staying in Littlehampton, a small seaside town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just realised its so fast! you at UK for 1 month and 1 wk alrady!!

Dreamer said...

it's only a month la....now starting to plus 1 week..hehe