Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Desire Path

Just finished reading the book 'Thanks for the memories' by Cecilia Ahern, a sweet and nice story of how two people without crossing paths get connected. In that book, the author mentioned about Desire Line/ rather a Desire Path.

As defined, Desire path: A term in landscape architecture used to describe a path that isn't designed but rather is worn casually away by people finding the shortest distance between two points.

To my interpretation, this should be the path where we ourselves chose along our life, and the path changed every seconds on every decision made. I strongly agree to the concept of this and think everyone should have one on their own rather than letting yourself to walk on the path that had been laid down by someone else. Thinking back, maybe I hold too strongly on my own desire path, maybe you think I'm rebellious. But I wouldn't think I will enjoy walking on a path created by someone else to get to a destination, I could and should choose my own way to get to the point I wanted. Although sometimes you might say those are the proven shortest route to the destination; although sometimes the path I took led me round and round and I might take a longer time; but it's the process that counts more than the results right? I have no idea right now where my desire path will lead me to, but I am willing and ready to take the challenge to pass through every obstacles that occurs along the path......


“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson

In other words, create your own Desire Path!!

2 comments:

HL said...

Like this posting alot... and it takes a lot of courage to make your own path! jia you!

Dreamer said...

HL: Thanks for taking the time to read all my rantings...glad you like it. Hope that you are creating your own path too.