Friday, April 17, 2009

Devil's horn growing!!!

This morning, our supervisor asked all new comers to be at the front stations when doing checking and packing of products as he wanted to evaluate how fast we can check (scanning of products and putting into different packs according to order). The target is 220 units per hour. Before this, I had never achieved this rate, the most I achieved was 180+ units per hour.

Let me explain the checking process. One boxes is one order. And each order includes a few customers orders. When doing checking, we scan each products and put them accordingly into assigned locations. One location is one customer. After sorting the products for each order into locations, we had to pack each locations into one bags each. And those bags are to go into one big boxes to be dispatch to the main consultant (it's just like direct selling with a consultant selling products to customers at home). After a few weeks there, the tips to get that 220 units per hour is to do orders with as much units at one time. Normally the packing process is slow, depends on how many bags we need to pack into one big boxes. Hence, to have a higher checking rate, it will be good if we can have more units in one order and fewer locations. And only the front few stations people gets to choose which boxes they wanted to do, as the boxes reached them first. And all this while I am always the unlucky one to be assigned at the last few stations. And those boxes that came to me, were usually the 'unwanted' ones from the front stations, which were mostly only few units per order with many locations.

Well, since I need to survive in UK with a job and some money at the moment, today since I get a chance to be at the front few stations, no matter how unwilling I am, I have to become one of them to "snatch' the big order boxes. And for the first time, I got a check rate of 219.39 per hour. But it's definitely not a good feeling for the whole day. So sorry for those who are at the stations after me. But I have no choice, I can't afford to get kick out from the job at the moment, not until I get a proper one.

I feel so devilish.....the horn will continue to grow for the next few weeks until i pass the challenge.......ish.....

4 comments:

~ Fayenatic ~ said...

Tough! Well done in achieving nearly 220 though!

Dreamer said...

siew, it's not hard as long as we got big units orders. Just that I have to continue to have my 'horns' with me...hahahaha....

Unknown said...

this is what we call as survivor! hehe
send me postcards ler...i really envy you la yikyu (ur real name. hehe) get to do all these...
you're living MY dream :)

~jessie~

Dreamer said...

doing devil to be survivor? still can't accept it...haha...these few days i gave up, just take whatever that come to me.

jessie, don't live in mine...live in your OWN dream... =)