Monday, July 13, 2009

London Revisit 080709 ~ 100709

Revisit to London after two months. Main purpose to London this time was to visit my pregnant friend, Irene and we hold a small gathering in a Malaysian restaurant, SEDAP. It's Penang nyonya style and the food was not bad. Most of the chinese restaurant here in UK follows Hong Kong/ Cantonese style even though some are opened by Malaysian. Hence, it's a blessing being able to taste authentic Malaysia food right here in UK. This trip up to London was fulfilling, in terms of my craving for food. Apart from the Malaysian food, Siew took me to a Spanish Restaurant on the first night. Nice environment and accompaniment with nice food. Siew said I must be a European in my previous life that makes me craved for Western food rather than Chinese food. I kinda agreed with that as even in KL when I was to bring my mum for food outside, I'll choose to go to a Western restaurant, be it Italian, German etc rather than a Chinese restaurant. Just thought that there's a lot more other countries food that I haven't tried. Now, in addition to the long lists, two more down. To-date, I think I had tried Italian, German, Belgium, Spanish food, and hoping for more different one to come =). After our dinner, Siew took me to a special ice-cream shop where they have the ice-cream made to looks like spaghetti, lasagne, fried eggs etc. We had one of the Chocolate Lasagne.
Ah, forgot to mention too, I finally got myself a Starbuck Ice Blended after 4 months. Missed those time in KL that I can easily drive up to Starbucks with my laptop and enjoy my ice-blended there for hours. Got myself a Dark Berry Mocha Blended, something different from what I can get in KL, taste not bad though and the price is almost the same as a cup of coffee in other cafe in UK, around 3 pounds.
To sum it all up, here are the photos.

2 comments:

Victor Low said...

Hey... send my regards to Irene, how is she doing? If you like different kinds of food, try Tapas (i think they're Spanish cuisine) and also give Mediterranean food a try, it's a different experience, at least for me.

Dreamer said...

she's alright the last i met her in London, still very active....hehe....and one of the restaurant i visited in London this time is Spanish Tapas la....you can find the photos by the links. Anyway thanks for the recommendation. It's indeed special to me and delicious too. Will try Mediterranean next time if got chance.