Sunday, October 19, 2008

Is it too late?

With the knowing of being away after the next 3-months, I'm starting to think that I'm gonna miss my family and friends over here. The feelings are even stronger whenever there's a gathering and everyone is just there so relax and chit chat for hours over topics and topics. Had been to a colleague Raya Open House recently and have a chance to sit down with colleagues and everyone is just brought to the past talking about the good old days. At that spur of moment, I was thinking, I'm still so NEW to the industry with only 2 years of experience while everyone with at least over 5 years of experience on the table are talking about people that I'd only hear from for the first time ever. And YET, I'm leaving in 3 months time. Thinking back, I'm starting to be in doubt whether is it a wise move to leave my career behind and go for my travel dream. Everyone had been asking me what I'd be doing there. My answer is always the same - "I do not know, I'll see what I will get". I just do not wish to plan and expect too much as Expectation always follows with Disappointment. Sometimes I just feel, is it too old and too late to 'chase' for a DREAM? with the things that I need to sacrifice over here?

No comments: